Search This Blog

Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Day In The Grampians...Australia


Yes, I look like a lumber jack, and I really don't care. I have my cute little spandex running clothes on underneath all these layers, but fashion goes out the window when it's this cold out.  After all, no one was really out to see us.  We were about the only ones crazy enough to venture out for a hike in the cold,  except for the elderly man who was in way better shape than us.  Now that's saying a lot since I'm traveling with a cross country cyclist.

Our travels have taken us from the beach to the mountains.  We're now tackling The Grampians...





the full view of the girl hidden beneth the layers...



We made it!!!!
celebratory Mars bars...



...and then into wine and olive country as we tackle the dirt roads leading to Aboriginal rock art.


What day isn't complete without a giant koala...


but even better,  a wild kangaroo!!!

No comments: