Search This Blog

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cold Brewed Iced Coffee...the best ever



As much as I loved sipping on those flat whites in Melbourne,  the 100+ degree temps in Mississippi aren't making me long for a hot beverage.  That's why I'm loving this recipe for iced coffee.  It really is the best iced coffee I've tried.  No need to spend all that money at Starbucks, when you can easily make this at home.


so here's the how to for my "new" favorite summer time drink...

Iced Coffee Concentrate
1/3 cup ground coffee (medium-coarse grind is best)
1 1/2 cup water

1.In a french press or jar, stir together coffee and 1 1/2 cups water.
2.Cover and let rest at room temperature overnight or 12 hrs.
3. Strain coffee into  storage carafe

Iced Coffee
 1. In a large glass filled with ice, mix equal parts coffee concentrate and water, or to taste.
2.  Then add the good stuff if desired...sugar, creamer, etc.

...And if you have a little extra time on your hands, why not make coffee ice cubes.  That way your iced coffee won't get watered down. 

enjoy!
Courtney


original recipe: New York Times

3 comments:

nicole said...

Ooh, I saw this on Insta this morning and had to come over here and check it out. Thanks for sharing. Coffee ice cubes~ genius! xo.

Angel Court Jewels... said...

You're so welcome. It really is a great recipe! I usually make it up at night before bed and then it's ready in the morning. I still drink hot coffee in the mornings, so I just strain & pour the concentrate into a mason jar and pop in the fridge. My french press is then free to use and I have my iced coffee ready for the afternoon.

Courtney

Shannon said...

With sweetened condensed milk, yum...