Search This Blog

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Coffee Culture...


I'm gonna miss these afternoon walks and stopping in Jerry's for flat whites...
  My smile is starting to droop, as I realize this is my last full day in Australia.

I'm sad to leave, but it's time to trade this in for hot Summer days and iced coffees.


So did you know there's a difference between a flat white, and a cappuccino?  Well, you may be smarter than me...cause I had no idea.  So encase you're wondering "what's a flat white?", I'll tell you.

This Australian coffee beverage is created by pouring microfoam (steamed milk from the bottom of the pitcher) over an espresso.  So what's a cappuccino?  The difference is that a cappuccino uses dry foam.  

Now that's clear as a bell,
Courtney 

I have an awesome new iced coffee recipe, that I'll be sharing next week.  Perfect for those hot summer days back home.

No comments: