Search This Blog

Thursday, April 19, 2012

DIY... Hula Hoop Rug



I'm a huge fan of folk art and fiber art, so I was thrilled to come across this DIY project.  Can you believe that you can make such a cool rug using a hula hoop as your loom!  Use old t-shirts (like all those I've racked up from races) or for a more sophisticated look use beautiful yarns and fibers.  It does look time consuming so I might opt to use mine as wall art.

get the how to here

any ideas on what could be used to replace the hula hoop for smaller projects?

2 comments:

Tracey Kern said...

How about using a Knifty Knitter loom? You could do every other peg or even every 2nd or 3rd. My largest loom that's yellow is about 12" in diameter. You could use all sizes of the looms for various projects such as coasters or even sew them together like a crocheted blanket...Just a thought...

Angel Court Jewels... said...

Thanks Tracey, I'll be sure to give that a try. What a great idea!!!

Courtney