Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2012

The Best Ever Turkey Burger!!!


Last night I was determined to make a great Turkey Burger, and I'm feeling like I've accomplished that goal.  It may not top a beef burger, but it's definitely the best turkey burger I've ever had.  The fresh rosemary makes it light and very fresh tasting.  Perfect for summer!!!  I hope you'll give it a try.

2.5 lbs ground turkey
1 TBS garlic
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 tsp course ground black pepper
1/1 tsp crushed red pepper
2 TBS minced fresh rosemary
2 green onions minced

hint:  Try the Spice Island Trading Co.'s Indian Malabar pepper corns,
 & Mediterranean sea salt grinders, from Sam's Club.   

Mix all ingredients and make into 4oz patties.  Cook slowly over medium heat, to keep from drying out.  For an extra kick, I topped my burger with feta and red onions, along with fresh tomatoes and lettuce from my Grow Alabama delivery.    Yum!!!

4 oz Burger + Bun = 310 calories

Any ground turkey recipes you'd love to share? I have another 2 1/2 lbs of ground turkey in the freezer.

Courtney

2 comments:

Ramona from Sam's Club said...

Your Turkey Burger recipe is great! We thought you might be interested in checking out our Stuffed Acorn Squash recipe on Samsclub.com/meals to help use the leftover ground turkey. Thanks for Sharing AND Shopping at Sam's Club -Ramona from Sam's Club

Angel Court Jewels... said...

Thanks Ramona,

I always love a new recipe!!! By the way, I bought the ground turkey at Sam's Club.

Courtney