Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2012

Pecan Pie Minis

 
photo: Courtney Taylor

This weekend my friends hosted a Weeds viewing party (as in the television show), so of course we had to cook up tons of appetizers to keep the munchies at bay...  

I decide to give mini pecan pies a try.  It's kind of hard to believe that a Southern girl has not made pecan pie before, but my first attempt was a success, and they turned out delicious!!!  The secret is to use the lite (as in low calorie) Karo syrup.  The pies are still good and very sweet, but not too rich.
I also cut cooking time down by about 5 minutes.  Burned pecans are the worst!!!
 
here's the how to...

Mini Pecan Pies
12 mini pastry shells
3 Tbsp melted butter
2/3 cup sugar
2 Tbsp flour
2 eggs
1 cup lite corn syrup (33% few calories)
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup pecan pieces

Beat eggs well, then slowly add melted butter, sugar, flour and mix together.  Add syrup, vanilla and pecans.  Pour into unbaked pastry shell and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.  

Bon appetit,
Courtney

I so love my cornflower blue baking dishes by corningware.  I can't believe they discontinued this patter...it's a classic!

3 comments:

Punctuation Mark said...

delicious!

Mallory Nickels said...

Ahh! So cute! I love anything teeny! They look like they came out perfect!

Angel Court Jewels... said...

Thanks Ladies!!! We found a bakery in NYC that makes miniature wedding cakes. They were so cute! We bought Monica (Angela's cousin) one for her Birthday.

xoxo,
Courtney