Search This Blog

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Champagne Cocktail... circa 1935

Going to give this a try tonight....I'm not big on Champagne, so I'll let you know what I think, but I'm hoping the bitters will make the difference.  You kinda have to have bubbly on New Years Eve, Right?  If it turns out to be tasty, I'll be adding the "Champagne Cocktail" to the list of vintage cocktails we'll be serving at market this year.    

Here is the classic ‘Champagne Cocktail’ from the Metropolitan Hotel,
New York City circa 1935:

• 1 cube sugar
• Angostura bitters
• Chilled champagne

Soak sugar cube with a couple of good splashes of Angostura bitters and place in the bottom of a large champagne flute.

Fill slowly with sparkling wine.

Garnish with a lemon twist.

1 comment:

Joanna Waterfall said...

So fun! I totally want to make this tonight!