Search This Blog

Friday, October 7, 2011

Pumpkin Pecan Desserts (in a jar)


  I can now say that I've actually tried one of the recipes that I've found through Pinterest.  Thank you Pinterest, for leading me to the blog Glorious Treats, and my new favorite dessert.  It was a big hit at my friends dinner party last night! 

Have any of you have actually tried any of the recipes that you've pinned?

1 can (15oz) pumpkin

1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk

3 eggs

3/4 cup sugar

4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

(or 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon allspice)

1 boxed cake mix (white or yellow cake)

1 1/2 cups chopped pecans

3/4 cup butter, melted

whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream, as topping
Directions ~

1. Preheat oven to 350*F

2. In a large bowl add the first 5 ingredients, and whisk together until fully combined.


3. Lightly spray 12, wide mouth 1/2 pint jars with non-stick cooking spray.

4. Use a measuring cup to put about 1/2 cup pumpkin mixture into each jar.

5. Sprinkle two rounded tablespoon of dry cake mix on top of pumpkin layer, in each jar.

6. Then sprinkle on one rounded tablespoon of chopped pecans in each jar.

7. Pour one tablespoon of melted butter on top (of each jar).

8. Bake jars on a large baking sheet (so they are easy to put in and out of the oven) for about 40 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the center of a jar comes out clean, and dessert is golden brown.

9. Cool at least 30 minutes before serving.

Before serving, top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

4 comments:

xoxo, dania said...

this looks fabulous and delicious!

http://xoxo-carolinalove.blogspot.com

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Scrumptios! That looks wonderful - we've got a progressive tea party on Thursday and were trying to decide on the "treat" - I think we've found it!! Thanks girls!

Angel Court Jewels... said...

It really was amazing. The recipe says that will make 12 jars, but I was able to get 11. It would be an easy recipe to double if you have a large crowd. I chopped my pecans, but I think you could get away with hitting them with a hammer a couple of times and save yourself the trouble.

xoxo,
Courtney
happy week!

Angel Court Jewels... said...

Hi Dania,

We're glad you stopped by. I enjoyed reading your blog!

Happy Week, and let me know if you try the recipe!

xoxo,
Courtney