Search This Blog

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Jalapeno Pepper Jelly

via: cottage industrialist

After returning from my beach vacation, I've started having the feeling that Summer is slipping away.  Does the passing of summer make you sad, or do you long for Fall to hurry up and get here?  The end of Summer always makes me a little sad.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon taking care of my poor neglected container garden.  To my surprise there were a ton of peppers on my bushes, so last night I canned a batch of jalapeno pepper jelly. Now I'll have a little bit of summer all winter.  

  
Jalapeno Pepper Jelly

3 green bell peppers minced
2-4 jalapeno peppers minced
1/12 cups cider vinegar
61/2 cups white sugar
6 fluid oz liquid pectin

In a stainless steel pot, add peppers, sugar, and vinegar.  Cook on medium high heat, stirring constantly until mixture begins to boil.  Pour in pectin and allow to boil another 5 minutes.  Skim off foam and fill sterilized canning jars.  Follow approved regulations for sterilization.

No comments: