Search This Blog

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Indian Bayou Milling Co.


Last Saturday, Angela and I, stopped in at the Argenta Farmer's Market, which is a Certified Arkansas Farmer's Market.  We stocked up on beautiful fresh vegetables, farm eggs, organic meats, and locally grown rice.  Everything was wonderful, but the Indian Bayou Milling Co., is who stole my heart.  Before trying their Brown Jasmine Gourmet Rice, I though all rice was equal.  Now I know this is just not true... 


I know all the reasons brown rice is the healthy choice, but it usually leaves me feeling let down.  I guess that's why the same package of rice has been sitting in my pantry for a year now.  I don't see this happening with my latest discovery.  I even had last night's leftovers for breakfast.

can you believe how easy it is to bake rice?  I had no idea
  • 2 cups brown jasmine rice
  • 3 cups filtered water
  • 1-2 bay leaves (optional)
  • 1 dried chili
  • 2 tsp cultured butter
  • 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
place all ingredients in baking dish, and cover.  Bake at
375 for 1 hour.  Remove, rest for 10 min., fluff, and enjoy!

Of course I've been away from home for two weeks so I was short a few items.  I replaced the butter with olive oil and only seasoned with salt and fresh ground black pepper.  This morning I heated the rice with allspice, brown sugar, and nutmeg.  So very Yummy!!! 

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Thank you so much for featuring Indian Bayou Milling Co! How neat!