Search This Blog

Monday, May 23, 2011

Remembering Our Ancestors...


Yesterday my family and I made our annual visit to New Blackjack Baptist Church, outside of Philadelphia, Mississippi. Each year we return to this small country church's Homecoming and Memorial Day Service to remember our ancestors who were founding members of this church so long ago.   After the service, there is always an old fashion "dinner on the grounds" followed by a walk through the cemetery.





It is hard to see in this picture, but the inscription reads D.B. Griffin.  The D.B. represents Daniel Boone.  Yes I am distantly related to the "Daniel Boone" and the name was passed down to my great, great, great Grandfather  ...I guess that's where I get my adventurous spirit.

 

Has anyone tried ancestory.com?  I'd love to know any input you have.

Please keep our family and friend's the O'flaherty's in your prayers.  They lost their home in the tornado that hit Joplin, MO yesterday. 

No comments: