Search This Blog

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Run For Hope


I'm still feeling very accomplished after running my first 10k.  Even though I was far from the winners circle, I still feel like a winner, and at least I wasn't the last to cross the finish line.
     I had every intention of running the 5K, but on the eve of the race,  a good friend and avid runner encouraged me to do the 10K.  The great thing about the 10K was that it's a trail run, and yesterday was such a beautiful day for a run through wooded trails that surround several lakes at Bonita Park.
     I love how runners are very encouraging of each other.  More so than any other sport I've participated in.   Of course everyone wants to win but it's great to have the support of others.

cream cheese stuffed french toast with strawberries

Bloody Marys
Crab Cakes, Fried Green Tomatoes, and Hash Browns

     I may not be the fastest one out there, but I did finish in time for us to make it for Saturday Brunch on Weidmann's newly opened balcony.  What a great way to celebrate!

4 comments:

e.day said...

that french toast looks ridiculously amazing. and the crab cakes. anddd now i'm hungry.

Angel Court Jewels... said...

@ e.day, they were amazing. I love food way too much. That's the reason I have to run.

xoxo,
Courtney

Hollie said...

bloody marys for brunch are the best!

courtney taylor said...

@Hollie...I agree. This one was made with Absolute Peppar, I love mine extra spicy!!! The only problem is that having a Bloody Mary in the afternoon makes me lazy the rest of the day.