Search This Blog

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hitachino Nest


I stopped by Letters in Tuscaloosa AL earlier this week and picked up a sampling of high gravity craft beers. Not something we have here in Mississippi. Hitachino Nest is the first beer I'm tasting out of the ones I choose. I've been wanting to try this beer every since I saw the companies delivery truck when I was in the Big Apple this winter. Once I saw the adorable owl painted on the side I was hooked. The cute owl may have persuaded me to try it but the taste will have me coming back for more. Here's what the brewery has to saw about their beer, and I agree. I does remind me a little of Blue Moon but with a little less bite. Cheers!

White Ale

A refreshing mildly hopped Belgian styled beer with a complex flavor of coriander, orange peel, nutmeg. White Ale has won gold medals at several beer competition in U.K. and U.S. This is one of HITACHINO's top-selling beers both in Japan and U.S.
Available both in Japan and U.S.A.

Details
Malts: Larger, Wheat
Hops: Perle, Styrian Golding
Adjuncts: Flaked Wheat, Flaked Barley, Coriander, Nutmeg, Orange peel, Orange Juice
Original Gravity: 1.06
Alcohol Vol: 5.5%
IBU: 13
Color: Light Golden
Package Format:
Japan - 330ml & 720ml bottles, Various size of Kegs
U.S.A. - 11.2oz bottles & 30L Kegs

No comments: