Search This Blog

Friday, April 30, 2010

Summer Pesto

I returned home to find my small garden looking beautiful thanks to my wonderful friend who came over every afternoon with the watering can. My basil is so beautiful this year. The secret I finally learned is to never let it get over three leaf sections high before trimming out the tops. Knowing this has made a world of difference. So what's a girl to do with all that basil, but make pesto!!! This isn't one of those things I use a recipe for, pestos are best made to taste. You can't go wrong by throwing the following ingredients in the food processor:
Parmesan cheese (Romano adds extra flavor)
Basil,
Pine nuts or walnuts,
Extra Virgin Olive Oil,
Fresh garlic cloves
Just blend into a paste and serve over pasta or toasted bread.

No comments: